Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti, How to Help and News, Also Katrina Pictures

Cnn on the earthquake in Haiti. At the bottom of the page is a number to call for relatives and a link to go to for information.

Pat Robertson either has lost his mind or need to be sent to Haiti to prop something up. Sorry if that offends but that's the way it is. Don't get me started, I'll sound like One Tin Soldier.

Dooce has a link to Chris Sacca and how to help.

You can visit the Red Cross site to see how you might help.

I do believe in the power of prayer to whatever higher being you espouse.

Britt Bravo has several links on how you can help as does planetgreen.

I will share some of my Katrina pictures taken right after the public was let into the destroyed area around Gulfport/Biloxi. The pictures say January 1st of 2006. They were mostly taken in Pass Christian and Longbeach MS, the one of the dog was NW of Gulfport a stones throw away from where Brett Favre grew up in Kiln. The dog is standing in my office, so many phone towers were down I had to go up on the hill to get phone service or internet for awhile. The apartment building was in Biloxi I think or right between Biloxi and Gulfport. Most (except for the one that's obviously on the beach) of these pictures were taken blocks or 1/2 mile or more from the beach. Remember the United States had her own disaster not too long ago, let's help our close neighbors in their hour of extreme need. Please?











1 comment:

SquirrelQueen said...

Don't get me started on Pat Robertson, the so called Christian who manages to make a stupid statement ever so often and get himself back in the news. I just heard today that our local Red Cross is putting together a relief effort and collecting funds locally.