Monday, December 8, 2008

Puppies save three-year-old boy lost in freezing Virginia woods

It seems this 3 year old boy wandered away from home and spent a 17 degree night outside in the cold protected by two furry friends.

quote:
A toddler lost in the Virginia woods was back home safe Sunday thanks to two puppies who kept him warm through a harrowing night of freezing temperatures........another member of the search party that found the boy, said the puppies refused to leave his side.

As the child was placed in an ambulance to be taken to a local hospital for examination, "The puppies were watching where he went.

unquote:

Read the complete story HERE

I know dogs sense helplessness, I had a dog when I was a child that wouldn't let me get close to water and would start tugging @ me if I started climbing when I was a toddler, I can barely remember it but he was my built in babysitter, Shep, he was an english sheperd, big furry black dog. Lets remember our animal guardians today no matter how large or small.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story. I am a huge dog lover and had a german shepherd until recently. I will definitely own more dogs but will wait til the time is right.

They really do become your best friends.

Julieanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I've very rarely been without a dog in my life but you are right the time has to be right.
I'm amazed @ what they do every day, like my lab just picked up a tree limb and drug it around for awhile like it was some huge prize!! LOL