Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sentiment, Memory, Family, and Dogs

I was going to clean off my chest of drawers the other day, it's from an old waterfall set of furniture, I seem to have had this chest of drawers most of my life, (maybe that's why I'm so enchanted by new furniture?).  I thought what do I take down?  The tennis balls the dog trys to bring to bed once in awhile and I have to hide by putting them up high.  The white stuffed dog?  Bath and Body Works had these for sale in Feb 2004, Dispatch the bichon was a little over 6 months old.  The dog keeps dragging the tiny teddy bear to bed that lies beside the dog to bed with us too.   The picture frame and picture?  My daughters with an early Missouri version of Bichons (actually poodle and small sheltie/border collie mixes), the picture was taken in the early 80s if not 1980.  So I dusted the chest of drawers, the bracelet the older daughter gave me lays on top and my only pair of earrings I like.  The bracelet says - sometimes the best things in life are often unseen, a moment of serenity, a feeling of security, all this and more you've given to me.  The dresser scarf was my mothers, I think it's silk, not sure it's supposed to be a dresser scarf but I latched onto it not long after I was born and declared it mine.....The lamp?  The little blond girl in the picture broke the globe once when throwing balls in the house, she has heard about it ever since so I don't think she throws balls in the house anymore....The candle came from Ft. Lauderdale when we lived in the tiny camper cleaning up after Wilma....
I left everything exactly as it was.

2 comments:

Al said...

I like your vintage lantern over there!

TC said...

Thanks AL, it's been around as long as I have!!