Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Am So Slow

First of all grandson lost first two matches so he was out almost immediately Thursday @ state, he was so relieved to not have to wrestle again  it was like night and day.  It's something to make it to state as a freshman so he was happy just to be there.   The opening ceremonies with the wrestlers coming into the gym was rather impressive, I guess it was just the music but it was almost Olympic like.  I'll post in a bit (which means today or sometime in February) about the elderly gestapo @ the wrestling meet on Tresa's Blog.  You say you haven't heard of the elderly gestapo?  Well you should read about them and be warned.  They are after your cheese sticks.  They want your cheese sticks so you will buy their $3 candy bars.  REGULAR candy bars, not like imported chocolate or anything.

 

That's my daughter and two unkempt dogs in the picture above.  That is part of the reason I haven't posted.  She has been here for a week almost.  She's gone now and we miss her, the house is quiet...no Charlie the Yorkie Poo and Dispatch wrestling and wrestling.  They fought a few times but were getting better, the playing far outweighed the fighting.  The dogs both got a bath before she left.  My other daughter has been here a couple times, we went over there, it snowed, that was fun.  21 miles on roads that you couldn't tell where the road ended and the shoulder started and 3 of the grandkids were with us, she drove.   Over the river and through the woods......  

I have a part time job, I could do it in the truck but I've got some other things to do so I'm home still or again or whatever.  I'm helping my cousin with websites, the one I'm working on has hand painted candles, glasses, and wedding sets, they are available for shipping.  The site isn't complete but if anyone would like to look @ it email tcscarlet at yahoo dot com.  I also fooled around MUCH more than I should have with the magic of facebook and irritating relatives and friends with old photos last week.

My husband was home for more than he's been home since December too.  His mother is 85 and had open heart surgery and a bit of complication.  She is in rehab now but she is 120 miles away, we did get to go see her Saturday, she was up walking which translated to being drug by 3 nurses in my book but I know it's a long road to recovery.  My Father in Law is there with her, he is 87 and no he isn't driving back and forth, he stays @ the hospital most of the time.  A big winter storm was moving in but wasn't supposed to get here till later that night.  True to form it SNOWED on the way home, big wet flakes but then rained for like 24 hours.  Our snow is STILL not gone after 24 hr of rain!  Then it turned to snow again and left a dusting. 

So that is what has been happening. I would say I should be on here regularly now but those are often famous last words.......

3 comments:

Lillian Robinson said...

Dispatch looks so cute in that shot!

That is an awfully major surgery for someone that old. Hopefully she will improve steadily. Too bad she's not closer...

Gail Wilson said...

I really chuckled when I read your comment about facebook. I too, found my way there and I do enjoy finding old friends again. But I had to set a time limit for myself because I was not getting anything else done!!! And it is easier now that I can respond to FB right from my email site so it is faster. Sorry about all of your snow!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks